ON FOREIGNERS AND STATELESS PEOPLE STUDYING ADMISSION TO RIVNE STATE UNIVERSITY OF HUMANITIES
І. GENERAL REGULATIONS
- Regulation on foreign students and stateless people studying admission, interviews carrying out (entrance test), enrolment competition organization and its implementing (hereafter – Regulation) at Rivne State University of Humanities (hereafter – RSUH) that provides education services for foreigners based on the license for educational activity of higher educational institutions.
Foreigners and stateless people admission for studying at higher educational institutions is implemented according to Ukrainian laws “On higher education”, “On foreigners and stateless people legal status”, “On foreign Ukrainians”, “On refugees and people in need of additional or temporary protection”, Ukrainian Presidential Decree No. 271 of June 3, 1994 “On measures for the development of economic cooperation of Ukrainian regions with the neighboring regions of the Republic of Belarus and the administrative-territorial units of the Republic of Moldova”, Resolutions of Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine 11 September, 2013 No. 684 “Some Issues of Recruitment for Foreigners and Stateless People”, Order No. 1541 of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine 1 November, 2013 No. 1541 “Some Issues of the Recruitment and Training (Internship) Organization of Foreigners and Stateless People”, registered at the Ministry of Justice of Ukraine 25 November, 2013 under No. 2004/24536, Conditions of admission to higher education institutions of Ukraine in 2019 (hereinafter – Conditions of admission), approved by the order of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine 10 October, 2018 № 1096, registered in the Ministry of Justice of Ukraine 21 December, 2018 № 1456/32908, Admission rules to Rivne State University of Humanities in 2019, approved at the meeting of Rivne State University of Humanities Academic Council (Minutes No. 1, 31 January, 2019) (hereinafter – Admission Rules).
- This Regulation effect does not apply to foreigners who live in Ukraine permanently on the legal base, people who have been given the status of refugees in Ukraine, and people who need additional or temporary protection.
- Foreigners and stateless people admission for studying is implemented according to accredited educational programs (specialties) within licensed number of students approved for each specialty (the 1st Appendix).
- The organization of foreigners’ recruitment for studying is implemented by
- Rivne State University of Humanities (hereinafter – RSUH);
- state-owned enterprise authorized by the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine (hereinafter – an authorized state-owned enterprise), and also other entities (residents and non-residents) on the base of signed agreement with RSUH towards the provision of recruitment services for foreign applicants for studying.
- If RSUH signs contracts with economic entities to provide recruitment services of foreigner aplicants for studying it submits the information according to signed agreements in digital form to the authorized state enterprise within five working days from the date of these agreements’ effect with the aim to keep records about business entities engaged into the recruitment of foreigners to study in Ukraine, and generalize the information about the status of educational services providing for
- SUH requirements towards foreign entrants’ appropriateness to conditions of admission at the appropriate higher educational levels are mentioned in Admission Rules and posted on RSUH official website.
- Foreigners and stateless people admitted to RSUH studying according to full-time studying are given a student ID in the government-approved format.
- The normative content and terms of studying according to all educational levels and degrees are determined basing on Ukranian standards of higher education, Conditions of admission and Rules of admission to RSUH.
- Foreigners who are given state scholarships according to international agreements, countrywide programs, other international obligations of Ukraine, are admitted for the studying within fixed admission quotes to RSUH on the base of directions from Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine.
- Foreign Ukrainians whose status is approved by foreign Ukrainian certificate use the same rights for education obtaining while RSUH admission as Ukrainian citizens except of cases established by the Constitution of Ukraine, Ukrainian laws or international agreements, that have got the consent of its obligation from Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine.
Foreign Ukrainians whose status is approved by foreign Ukrainian certificate are admitted to RSUH within fixed admission quotes to higher educational institutions according to interviews in subjects provided by Admission rules.
II. PROCEDURE OF APPLICATIONS AND DOCUMENTS RECEIVING FROM FOREIGNERS AND STATELESS PEOPLE
- Foreigners and stateless people (hereinafter- foreigners) can obtain higher education for the funds to pay by individual or legal person if the other is not provided with international agreements. The arrangement for such agreements should be given by Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine, legislation or agreements between higher education institutions dealing with international academic mobility.
- Foreigners’ admission to university is implemented for the funds of state budget within quotes for foreigners.
- Foreigners who come to Ukraine with the aim of studying apply to the University according to accredited educational programs (specialties). The submission terms of competitive bids into the unified database defined in clause 7 of Section XV of these Admission Rules are not applied to the admission of such foreigners. The University calculates the entrant’s points/grades on the basis of the education level document obtained before and determines the minimum number of points/grades required for applying in general subjects (100 points), in which the entrance test is carried out.
- Enrollment of foreigners for studying at the appropriate higher education level is based on the entrance tests results in defined subjects and language of studying and on the basis of academic rights to continue studying provided by the document on the level of education obtained in the country of their origin, and achievement points accounting that give the right to continue studying at next higher education level in accordance with the law of the country which had issued the document on obtained educational degree (level).
- All foreigners’ categories that apply to university are admitted to University on the base of orders about admission formed in the unified database.
- It is mentioned in Admission Rules and published at RSUH official website the University requirements towards the appropriateness of foreign entrants who came in Ukraine with the aim of studying to conditions of admission at the appropriate higher educational levels and also the terms of applications and documents receiving, carrying out the entrance tests and creativity competition, and admission.
- Foreigners and stateless people who stay on the territory of Ukraine within legal bases personally submit to Admission committee the hard copy application during the University applying.
The application shall have attached thereto:
- document (copy) on the educational degree (education and qualification level) obtained before on the base of which the entrance is implemented;
- supplement (copy) to the document (copy) on the educational degree (educational and qualification level) obtained before on the base of which the entrance is implemented (if available);
- document (copy) where it has presented the data about curriculums content of the previous higher educational degree (level), obtained credits, studying duration and academic achievement (while studying entrance to obtain bachelor’s, master’s degree on the base of higher educational degree (level) obtained before);
- passport or other document that certifies the person and foreigner’s citizenship or document that certifies stateless person (copy);
- legalized medical certificate dealing with the state of health, certified by the official health authority of the country where the foreigner came from, and issued no later than two months before entering to study in Ukraine (original and notarized translation in the Ukrainian or Russian languages). If the period of stay in Ukraine for the time of documents submission is more than 6 months, then it is additionally submitted a medical certificate in the form of 086-o;
- health insurance policy unless the other is provided by Ukrainian international agreements;
- four 3 x 4 cm photo cards.
Foreign Ukrainians submit to Admissions Committee the copy of foreign Ukrainian certificate.
Foreigners and stateless people who transfer to the University or resume the studying at University submit academic transcript issued by higher educational institution where they had studied. Transferring and resuming at University is implemented only after the first year studying finishing under the condition of the first year academic curriculum performance on a full scale.
Foreigners who apply for studying according to academic mobility programs submit the documents prescribed by requirements of international programs and/or agreements towards which academic mobility is implemented.
Documents mentioned in subparagraphs 3-7 of this point should be translated into the Ukrainian language and notarized.
Documents mentioned in subparagraphs 3-5 of this point should be certified in the country of its issuing in the way used for such certification in this country officially, and legalized by appropriate Ukrainian abroad institution unless the other is provided by Ukrainian international agreements.
Foreigners who enter the university should have entry visa which they get at Ukrainian embassies in appropriate countries. The reason for entry visa issuing with the aim of studying is the original of appropriate invitation issued by the University or other higher educational institution of Ukraine according to foreigners’ application.
The applications and documents mentioned in this point are kept in entrants’ / students’ personnel file during the whole term of studying at University.
- Foreigners who are given state scholarships according to international agreements, countrywide programs, other international obligations of Ukraine, are admitted to study within fixed admission quotes to RSUH on the base of directions from the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine.
- Foreigners who come to Ukraine to participate in academic mobility programs or to obtain higher education according to educational programs arranged between the University and foreign higher educational institution are admitted for studying considering appropriate agreement obligations of the University and appropriate higher educational institution.
- During Ukrainian higher educational institution entrance foreign Ukrainians who legally stay in Ukraine and whose status is approved by foreign Ukrainian certificate use the same rights to obtain education as Ukrainian citizens except of cases established by the Constitution of Ukraine, Ukrainian laws or international agreements, that have got the consent of its obligation from Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine.
Foreign Ukrainians whose status is approved by foreign Ukrainian certificate can be admitted for studying according to state order within fixed quotes for foreigners concerning with the interviews in subjects provided by Admission rules.
- Foreigners and stateless people who live in Ukraine permanently, people who have been given the status of refugees in Ukraine, and people who need additional or temporary protection and enter the University according to the rules provided by this Admission rules for Ukrainians can take part in competitive examination for the places of state order within the quotes established by the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine basing on special enrolment competition point which is calculated as ration of entrant’s enrolment competition point defined according to the 7th chapter of Admission rules to the minimum enrolment competition point of giving recommendations for the places of state (regional) order in general enrolment competition for this enrolment competition offer in previous year (in the case of such point absence it is used this figure according to the other, maximum related, enrolment competition offer within the University, in the case of its impossibility – of the other higher educational institution according to Admission committee resolution).
III. TERMS OF APPLICATIONS AND DOCUMENTS RECEIVING, COMPETITIVE EXAMINATION AND ADMITION FOR STUDYING
1. Foreigners and stateless people applications and documents receiving, entrance tests are implemented during a calendar year, admission for studying to obtain bachelor’s and master’s degrees is implemented in several stages – before and in the beginning of academic semesters (but not later than 1 November 2019 and 1 March 2020) once available applications and documents and recommendations for admission out of enrolment competition and out of licensed number of students.
2. Foreigners and stateless people entrance test are implemented at the University during five days beginning with the moment of applications and documents submitting.
3. Foreigners and stateless people admission is implemented after the university admission process finishing during three days with the moment of entrance tests successful passing but not later than 1 November 2019 and 1 March 2020.
IV. ENROLMENT COMPETITION ORGANIZATION AND IMPLEMENTING
Entrance test for entrants (foreigners and stateless people) who enter for studying to obtain bachelor’s degree basing on general secondary education is implemented in the form of the interview in the language of studying developed for the foreigners and stateless people entrants, and other enrolment competition subject from the List of enrolment competition subjects defined for each specialty in the 4th Appendix of this Admission rules according to interviews programs in enrolment competition subjects developed for the entrants – Ukrainian citizens. If the studying entrance according to chosen specialty provides the creativity enrolment competition passing, the entrants for these specialties additionally pass the creativity enrolment competitions according to the creativity enrolment competitions programs. Entrance tests results are evaluated according to the scale from 100 till 200 points. Entrants’ enrolment competition point is formed according to the results of entrance test in the second enrolment competition subject or arithmetic mean of entrance test results in the second enrolment competition subject and creativity enrolment competition. The interview result is evaluated according to the scale “passed” – “did not pass” and is presented in interview minutes.
Entrance test for entrants (foreigners and stateless people) who enter for studying to obtain bachelor’s or master’s degree basing on the higher educational degree (level) obtained before is implemented in the form of interview in the language of studying and professional test according to professional tests programs defined for each specialty in the 2nd Appendix and the 3rd one of this Admission rules for the entrants – Ukrainian citizens. Entrance test result is evaluated according to the scale from 100 till 200 points. Entrants’ enrolment competition point is formed basing on the result of professional test. The studying language interview result is evaluated according to the scale “passed” – “did not pass” and is presented in interview minutes. According to the results of each entrance test it is made the resolution towards entrant’s recommendation for admission to the University presented in the minutes of entrance test.
VІ. FOREIGNERS AND STATELESS PEOPLE ADMISSION
1. Foreigners and stateless people are admitted for studying according to the results of entrance tests and enrolment competition in keeping with Admission rules. Foreigners’ admission is implemented according to Conditions of admission at RSUH basing on RSUH rector’s orders.
2. Foreigners who are given state scholarships according to international agreements, countrywide programs, other international obligations of Ukraine, are admitted for the studying within state order number of students on the base of directions from Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine.
3. The terms of conditions fulfilment for foreigners’ studying who enter according to the quoted proved to RSUH and also who enter basing on the agreements signed by RSUH with legal and individual person are established by the Admission committee resolution according to Conditions of admission to RSUH.
4. Payment for educational services given by educational institutions for foreigners and stateless people is implemented according to the agreements (contracts) for the funds to pay by individual or legal person if the other is not provided with international agreements or agreements with higher educational institutions about international academic mobility.
5. In the case of foreigners or stateless people minors’ admission their parents or legal representatives sign the agreements (contracts).
RSUH provides timely submission of documents to local offices or divisions of the State Migration Service of Ukraine to register the foreigners enrolled for studying with temporary residence permits giving for the period of study in accordance with the procedure established by the law.
VII. FINAL PROVISION
1. The Regulations on Foreigners and Stateless People Admission to studying at RSUH should be the subject to annual review and approval at a meeting of the Admissions Committee after Admission Conditions approval and should be annexed to the Admission Rules. All issues related to clarification, deletion, addition of individual paragraphs and chapters of the Regulations should be resoluted by the Admissions Committee in agreement with the Head of Admissions Committee and the Department of International Relations and Work with Foreign Students no later than before the beginning of the university admissions process.
2. The subject to review separate points, chapters of this Regulations can be implemented in the cases which resulting therefrom law and rules and regulations changing and force-majeure circumstances.